I’ve made some more yummy fruit and veggies for my little monster since my last baby food post and he’s loving them! I never would’ve thought that he’d like things like green beans or peas as much as he does. He literally screams for food when we sit him in the high-chair now. Don’t believe me? Check out the video below. I really think that making the baby food fresh makes all the difference.
Here’s what I’ve been making:
1. Wash peaches
2. Carve an X into one side of the fruit and place X side down into 1″ of water in a sauce pan.
3. Bring water to a boil and steam until soft.
4. Peel skin from fruit and remove pits.
5. Process until smooth, adding water/formula/breast milk as needed
1. Once fruit is ripe, wash and peel.
2. Deseed and slice the pear into chunks.
3. Process until smooth. If the pear is really ripe, you can also mash with a fork.
Peas (from frozen)
1. Steam peas until cooked.
2. Rinse peas under cold water with some ice (helps puree come out smoother).
3. Process until smooth, adding water/formula/breast milk as needed
** veggies and fruits will keep in the freezer for up to three months.
Hopefully, your child will react to yummy homemade baby food just like this: